2016 Artist Grant
Central Church is inviting applications for it’s 2016 Artist Grant. Applications close on Friday the 4th of December 2015
Central Church is a non-denominational Christian Church in Port Kembla. As part of our commitment to our local community, and as an expression of our appreciation for all forms of artistic expression we have developed an annual artist grant. The grant aims to serve the mission and ministry of Central Church through artistic expression. It could have a focus primarily within the community of the church or a focus towards the outward expression of our faith to the wider community of Port Kembla. The grant is open to a range of disciplines including painting, installation, moving image, digital, illustration, the written word, music and photography. The successful application will reflect the values, culture, mission and heart of Central Church. As Central Church is a Christian organisation the grant will need to reflect a Christian Spirituality.
This amount will serve the artist’s needs, provide materials, and if applicable be used for the cost of production or exhibition of the final product.
In the application form below is an initial ‘use of monies’ to be completed.
- Central Church at its very core is a relational faith community. We place high value on loving, connected relationships. If the successful applicant is not a member of Central Church, we would expect the person to make effort to get to know the leadership of Central Church as well as the community and semi-regularly attend gatherings of Central Church. (If needed, this can be further discussed in negotiations with the successful applicant.)
- To produce work in keeping with the values, culture and mission of Central Church.
- To conduct themselves with integrity, in line with Christian values.
- To communicate regularly with the leadership of Central church and give updates on progress as required.
- To work to a timeline and a budget.
- Central Church will own the final product.
- The artist may request to use part or all of the work in the future for other purposes with permission from Central Church.